Hello all, my name is Dan here from pennsylvania. I also work for a subsidy of kroger called Turkey Hill (based in Lancaster, PA). They also own Littman Jewelers in this area. I am a manager at a store with about 10 employees, most of them are okay, some are hardworking, some are lazy, some should be fired. but Im too lazy to hire anyone else, so I'll let them still work there. I've been here for 3 years now, and really dn not mind it. But some things "really grind my gears"
Reasons why Kroger is Cool:
1. The Kroger Consolidated Retirement Benefit Plan (free cash!)
2. neat *ss free (kroger usa) uniforms, after i paid for several of the old style ones.
3. you make your own schedule. and make your assistant manager come in whenever you feel like taking off, by saying 'a family emergency has come up'
Reasons why Kroger Sucks:
1. those obnoxious Muzak stations that only play songs from the 80's and mid 90's, dont they know those periods are over and really really suck. and only having the ability to change the station to a) rock b) county c) r&b d) golden oldies or e) dance mix usa
2. having a special at our store, and having a competitor who has the products cheaper.
3. changing the plan-o-grams every 3 months, and discontinueing cool items, and getting more powerbars in. good idea. they ought to make the plan-o-gram master taste all of those energy bars before we are forced to carry them.
4. Workers at the headquarters who can wear whatever they want, who criticize you for your dress code.
5. after putting years and years of service you get a kroger watch or pen. how cheap is that, why not just mail you some cianide or anthrax?